1.05.2018

Drinking Deeply in 2018

How are you?

     It has been a while since my last post.  I hope to increase the frequency of my posting in 2018.  The first step in that direction will be sharing some results from my reading plan for this year.  We will be using the "Firm Foundations"  bible study produced by ethnos360 this year at church.  This is a chronological, overview type trip through the Bible.  I decided to map out a plan of reading through the Bible twice in 2018, also in chronological order.  That was a pretty easy plan to make given the wealth of reading plans available now.  Google "Bible reading plans" and you will find something that fits your schedule or can be easily modified to do so. 

     Due to the pace of this reading plan, I expect that most of what you see here will be simple observations from the interaction with the text, but I do anticipate sharing some questions that we can wrestle with together here on the blog.  Some of these may provide a forum for some interpretation and application of what we are reading together. 

     I have enjoyed covering longer portions of Scripture more quickly than usual.  I find that much of my day, most days, demands placing attention on things of varying quality and value.  It is refreshing to take in large chunks of God's Word and focus on reliable truth...no "fake news" here!

No comments:

Post a Comment